New Patient Registration
If you wish to register at the surgery please do so in person (a family member can register on your behalf).
We ask that newly registered patients:
- Complete a questionnaire and have an initial New Patient Health Check
- Provide your National Health Number. This can be obtained from your previous surgery
- All children being registered will need to supply their full immunisation history. This will be found in the child’s Red Book or can be obtained from your previous surgery. Please provide these details in English only, no foreign languages.
- FORM GMS 1 for registration. Please fill in and bring to the surgery with you when registering or reception can provide you with a form for you to complete.
- If you are a temporary patient, please fill in the form below and bring to the surgery with you when registering or reception can provide you with a form for you to complete.
- NHS England has introduced the Summary Care Record ( SCR) which will be used in emergency care. The record will only contain information about any medicines you are taking, allergies from which you suffer and any adverse reactions you have had, to ensure those caring for you have enough information to treat you safely. Your Summary Care Record will be available to authorised healthcare professionals providing your care anywhere in England, but they will, where possible, ask your permission before they look at it. This means that if you have an accident or become ill, those treating you can have access to important information about your health.
If you wish to OPT OUT please complete an SCR Opt Out Form and give in at reception: http://www.unhs.co.uk/documents/scr-optoutform.pdf
New patients registering at Suthergrey House Medical Centre will not be discriminated against any of the following:
- Social class
- Sexual orientation
- Medical conditions
Changes to Personal Details
When you move home don’t let us be the last to know!
If you move house or change your home/mobile telephone numbers, please let the surgery know as soon as possible. It is important that we have the correct details on all patients registered with us in case we ever need to contact you.
If you move out of the area
If you have moved out of the catchment area of our surgery, you can contact the Health Authority and they will inform you of a GP Practice in your new area:
Herts Family Health, Charter House, Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL8 6JL
Tel: 01707 390 855
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services